The Lip Product Battle

Monday, August 17, 2015


I almost feel like this post is me just admitting that I have a problem. Sure, I want to tell you all about the textures and staying power of my current favorite lip products, but let’s be real:


Hi, I’m Carson.


“hiii Carson!”


I’m addicted to lip products. And I hoard them all in my purse. At once.


*gasp*


Jokes aside, the inspiration for this post came to me when my current bag toppled over in my car when I slammed on the breaks during typical afternoon rush hour traffic (there’s a reason why they say New Englander’s can’t drive. It’s because they really can’t.). When I reacted to my bag flying from my passenger seat to the grass and dirt covered floor mat, it was then I realized I had a serious problem.




I looked over and there they were. Nine lip products, all in their glory, sprawled out on the mat as if they were mocking me. Perfectly placed to emphasize the fact that I truly do have an addiction. True Life: I Buy Every Mid-Toned Lip Product That I Can Get My Hands On.


As you probably are expecting me to say, they really are all so different. I carry glosses, matte lip creams, satins, and a few other kinds that fit for different situations. *seriously Carson? different situations?* Alright, let’s get to the details. Oh, and by the way, I put the photo with my arm full of swatches at the end of this post!


1) NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream | Istanbul - This is a product that I tend to reach for when I don’t want to feel like I’m wearing any product on my lips at all. I swear, this goes on feeling like velvet. It is just so comfortable on the lips. I really enjoy this shade, too. It’s a ‘your lips but better’ shade with a really gorgeous finish!


2) L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick | 112 Unending Kiss - This is simply an all-time favorite. This. Feels. Like. Butter. Ugh, just writing this makes me want to go put it on! It’s affordable, long wearing, and again... so comfortable! Are you seeing a trend?


3) Rouge Dior Brilliant | 359 Miss - Ah, this beauty. This is definitely a gloss for those who don't mind dropping $30 for a lipgloss. But let me tell you, this gloss will not disappoint. This gloss is not sticky, long wearing, and a gorgeous medium-pink tone.


4) Marc Jacobs Lip Creme | 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' - You may have received this in one of Sephora's recent 500 point perks! This is a beautiful satin deep berry color that is appropriate for work and for date night! This lipstick is a bit heavier than the others, but it's a gorgeous shade that will last you all night.


5) Covergirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm | Shade 210 - This jumbo gloss balm claims to provide sheer color and soft shine...and it's true! This is a great option to keep in your bag for the times when you just need something on your lips but want just a little bit of color. It's a really gorgeous sheer pink with the perfect amount of shine.


6) Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain | 04 Candied Coral - This is similar to the Covergirl Gloss Stain above in that it's also a perfect option to carry around in your purse for everyday use. This is super affordable...and it smells like sweet tarts!


7) Sephora Rouge Infusion Lip Ink | 19 Peony - I received this product for the first time as a sample from Sephora. This is a product I'm still trying out, but I think I like it! This product lasts all day long and is really easy to apply. This is also a beautiful berry shade that can work for day or night looks! It is like ink in its consistency - it's almost like putting water on your lips, except it won't run everywhere.


8) MAC Satin Lipstick | Faux - Who else absolutely loves the smell of MAC lipstick? I just looked on the bottom of the lipstick tube to double check the name and I had to smell it before I started typing! This shade is an absolute favorite and go-to, and it's one that I will absolutely will be repurchasing. This shade is perfect for Fall and Winter, but hey...I wear it almost daily.


9) Buxom Lip Gloss | White Russian - This gloss is my favorite. Just simply my favorite. I absolutely love the minty feeling it gives AND it smells like cake. Do I need to continue? This gloss makes my lips look fuller and it's the most gorgeous natural pink-nude shade. This one is worth it - go try it!



What lip products do you carry in your bag? Are there any that you can't leave the house without?

XO
Carson Elaine

You Might Also Like

2 comments