My All Time Favorite Lip Balms

Friday, September 12, 2014

It's time.

It's time I introduce you to the loves of my life. I may or may not have mentioned these on my blog in past posts, however, I am not satisfied. I must go on.

I have never, ever, (like ever), felt this way about a beauty product in my entire life. Like I've said before, I'm not high maintenance in the slightest. I like to feel comfortable during the day - I don't like fussing with my hair and makeup or my clothes or shoes. I just want comfort. Is that too much to ask?





When I came across the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balm in Nourishing Nude, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Okay, exaggerating big time. But really - I loved the color and had been looking for a pretty nude that wasn't drying like some other lipsticks I'd been experimenting with in the weeks prior.

These balms are life. The first one I bought, I told myself that I had to finish the entire tube before I would let myself buy a second one. This is because, like many others out there, I have never before finished a lip product and really wanted to prove that these were that good.

I used up my first Nourishing Nude shade within a few months. I used that sucker everyday until it was literally so painful to put it on because the little metal casing was scratching against my lips like a knife and I wanted to cry. I then ran up to my hubby and said, "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I FINALLY FINISHED A LIP PRODUCT BABE OMG!!!"

He replied with, "......um...WOW! Babe, seriously awesome. Great job....?" We then moved on with our lives.

Well, he moved on. I moved on too, but straight back to Walgreens to pick up not one- but TWO colors. I picked up another one of the Nourishing Nude shades but then brought Tender Mauve into the family. This shade has more of a berry tone to it, something I really liked.

This, still, is an obsession to this day and I am about 2 seconds away from going to buy the entire line. If there is one lip product in this world that I recommend, it's this.

These balms glide onto the lips beautifully and have a silky texture. They are smooth, shiny, and last for a good amount of time. They are definitely not long-wearing so don't expect that. They come in a range of great nude and berry shades, all of which have about medium pigment on the pigment scale, if that even exists. It's the perfect lip color and opacity for work or just going out with friends.

Oh, and they smell like vanilla and other good-smelling things that I can't think of right now.


Go buy these! They are sold at the drugstore as well as Ulta, too!
L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balm NOURISHING NUDE 818 (PACK OF 2 TUBES)



Have you tried these balms? If not, what are you doing with your life?



XO
Carson Elaine

You Might Also Like

0 comments