My Current Favorite Beauty Products

Monday, July 13, 2015

It's definitely not unknown that my beauty drawer is chuck full of beauty products that I adore. One of my favorite beauty bloggers, Allison Anderson, taught me a very important and tactful rule of thumb: one in and one out. I've been trying my best to apply this to my (bad) shopping habits. I also ask myself, "Do I really need this?" but that is rarely effective.


It was really hard for me to pick the my top 5 products, but I've done it. So here we go!

1. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfecter - Champagne Pop
This product is a no-brainer for me. I love this highlighter - not only because I love Jaclyn, but because it truly is one of the best highlighters I've ever tried.

BECCA Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfecter - Champagne Pop Highlighter
I've tried several highlighters and my issue is usually always the same: color. I have fair skin with pink undertones, so something that is too gold will just look like I painted 'Half Baked' by Urban Decay on my cheekbones. It's not too flattering. On the other hand, truly icy highlighters like Becca's 'Opal' can sometimes be way too white/silver for me. When I tried 'Champagne Pop', I knew it was a winner. It's a beautiful, soft champagne color with the most natural sheen. It truly looks like you're glowing, not like you piled a crap ton of highlighter on your face. I put this stuff everywhere. My shoulders, collar bones, cheeks, forehead, chin, ugh. Just writing about it makes me want to go upstairs and swatch it over and over again.

2. L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Colour Riche La Palette, Nude 02
This palette is such a freakin' winner. I quickly packed this palette when I was going on a recent work trip mainly because I knew I wanted my shadows in one place and have a few options for eye looks. I hadn't opened this palette before packing it, so it really was a leap of faith.
L'Oreal LA Palette Nude 2

L'Oreal LA Palette Nude 2

Come to find out, these shades are creamy, slightly dusty, but gorgeously pigmented. They blend like a dream, too! I really am loving this palette right now. It comes with 10 shades and is priced right around $20.


3. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer - Light/Warm & Naked Skin Foundation - 3.5
I love this concealer & foundation for a few reasons, but the main reason is the way it blends in to the skin. My personal preference for applying these product is with my beauty blender. I apply it under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, my cupid's bow, forehead, and a little bit on my chin.


Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation and Concealer

The applicator on the concealer is my favorite out of all of the concealers that I own. It's a wide wand that applies product absolutely beautifully!


4. Tarte Energy Gloss
This gloss seriously surprised me. I can't put it down! This is the Tarte gloss that is supposed to be customizable for everyone. It supposedly changes to a different shade depending on your energy! This ends up being a beautiful, sheer medium pink for me. I just love it!
Tarte Energy Lip Sergence

5. Mac Blush in Rosy Outlook and Hourglass Blush in Mood Exposure
Okay, this is a combination that is absolutely, hands down, my favorite right now. This combination of blush lasts on my cheeks from morning 'til night and does. not. budge. I love baby doll pink wash that Rosy Outlook gives, with the extra umph that Mood Exposure gives on top. I will be doing a makeup tutorial on Thursday (keep your eyes peeled for that!) and will be sure to use these blushes!

Hourglass Blush and MAC Blush



Alright, there you have it! These are my current favorite beauty products right now. What products are you loving at the moment? Leave it in the comments!

XO
Carson Elaine


You Might Also Like

0 comments