My Food Diary: #1

Thursday, July 16, 2015

In an honest attempt to become a stronger, healthier version of myself, I thought it would be a good idea to share with you what I'm doing to reach my personal goals.

When I say goals, I don't mean 'lose 20 lbs' or anything like that. Honestly, if I lost 20 lbs, I would be doing the exact opposite of what I'd hoped because I would look very unhealthy.

That's the funny part about exercising and eating healthier. Everyone has different goals and those goals are based solely on the person and the person only. There were times when I would go on to Pinterest and try to get some inspiration in the fitness department. I found myself looking at pictures of people who were fit and cut and just very, very muscular, thinking, "Actually...I don't really want to look like that."

It was at that moment that I decided to only look for inspiration in regards to workouts. Not people.

To be completely open and honest, and to help track my journey, I am 5'8 and weigh 140lbs. My doctor has always told me I am healthy as far as height to weight ratio, but when you literally get tired from running up the stairs, the question begs, "Am I really that healthy? What is healthy to me?"

Healthy to me is not only looking healthy, but feeling healthy. I can't say I feel amazing. For my job, I sit at a desk for 8 hours per day and eat whatever is in front of me. That's complete honesty right there. I can eat like a very hungry man, but I also have the metabolism of a 9 year old. I feel like I fall in that (Wait, before I say it, just know that I absolutely hate this term. I really do. Apologizing now.) "skinny fat" category. I am tall and thin but don't have a lot of muscle definition. That is my main goal, to eat better and add more protein into my diet so that I can benefit from weight lifting.

So, that brings me to the point of this post! Today marks the day where I start to eat better and exercise. I hope that this blog series can help me be a bit more disciplined and focused on my overall health.

What I Ate Today
Breakfast - 1 large coffee from Dunkin' Donuts (I know) & 1 1/2 cups of Bing Cherries.
Lunch - Grilled chicken, kale and avocado salad, steamed broccoli, and water (better!)
Dinner - Pasta and meat sauce (gotta work on dinner ideas).
Dessert - If I can help myself, I won't do it, but typically it's one spoonful of Cinnamon Buns by Ben & Jerry (Can't even type that without salivating.)

I'll be working out tonight and doing a short run to get my blood pumping. Tonight I'm going to do my leg workout, which usually consists of squats, lunges, and reverse leg curls.

What is your weekly workout plan? Do you have one in place?

XO
Carson Elaine


You Might Also Like

0 comments