ColourPop Cosmetics | Haul & Review

Sunday, September 20, 2015



A few weeks back, I tweeted that I placed an order from ColourPop Cosmetics and that I was so very excited to get these items so I could finally play with them! In today’s post, I’m going to show you an overview of what I purchased and my final thoughts on if I’ll be placing another order soon. The best part? Most of the items on their website are UNDER $10! Yes, you heard me. Under $10.

I tried my best to order a wide range of items from the website. I ordered a few of their Lippie Stix, eyeshadows, and a highlighter. Alright...let’s get started!
Lippie Stix | Satin, Sheer, Matte


Frida - Satin
Frida is a beautiful rose-pink shade that is the perfect pink for a “no makeup” makeup day. I actually wore this yesterday and absolutely loved the way it complimented my simple look - just a little blush, mascara, and Frida...you are all set! This shade wears well, it lasted me about 4 hours before I had to reapply. I think this is a pretty common thing with the Lippie Stix, but they are so incredibly comfortable to wear! This one is a new favorite.

Juice Bar - Sheer
Juice Bar is a super comfortable and smooth sheer shade that gives your lips a beautiful sheen. To me, it is a true pink. This is, in addition to Frida, a great option for days that you are looking for a minimal but complete look. I would recommend this as a starter shade for anyone.

Westie - Matte
I have always been a little bit hesitant when it comes to matte shades because I am that person who can’t handle a lip product that feels heavy or uncomfortable in any way. I ordered the matte shade Westie because I thought I would give it a try. I’ve heard so many good things about it. And...it’s true! it’s a wonderful baby pink shade that can be worn alone or topped with a nude gloss and it is the perfect, long wearing option!



Super Shock Shadows | Matte, Pearlized, Metallic
Girl Crush - Matte
This is a beautifully creamy cool toned taupe shade. This is a great color for the outer corner of the eye to add a bit of depth to your look.


Cop A Feel - Matte
This is a great shade for all over the lid to start off a look, or used as a matte highlight shade for darker skin tones.


Tea Party - Metallic
This shade is not particularly my favorite, only because it has a lot of chunky glitter throughout it. It looks like a silver glitter with a slight hint of peachy pink. This may be great over a matte shade to add something extra to the eyelid.


Cricket - Metallic
This is a beautiful metallic shade with a purple-taupe base. This would be a beautiful eyelid color for a deep purple smokey eye or a pop of sheen on a matte-purple look.


Envy - Metallic
This shade is very interesting - with a very deep purple base (almost black!) and some heavy purple glitter, this is a shade that I can see used around New Years Eve time for a beautiful and unique eye look.


Plunge - Pearlized
I love to wear this color all over the lid with just some mascara. This a beautiful champagne color that adds so much brightness to the eye.


La La - Ultra Metallic
This is my favorite shade of the bunch! This particular shade has such intense copper pigment. It is absolutely beautiful, long wearing, and super creamy.


Highlighter
Lunch Money - Pearlized
This highlighter is a gorgeous champagne color that blends beautifully. I would use this as both a cheek highlight and a highlight for the eyes. A light wash of this would do a similar job that Plunge (above) does. It just adds a ton of brightness to any look.



Overall, I am really happy with these shades. I think the price point makes it even more exciting. The one downfall I’ve noticed is the way they have to be stored because they cannot be put into a Z Palette. These have an awesome sponge-like feel but turn into a powder shadow! I would recommend a few of these shades to absolutely everyone.

Have you tried anything from ColourPop? You can check out these items and more at the ColourPop website.


XO
Carson Elaine

You Might Also Like

0 comments