Product Review: Revlon Colorburst Balms

Sunday, July 13, 2014

It's taken me a while to finally gather up the courage to start venturing into bold lip products. I've always been a very neutral lip girl - too afraid to try the hot pinks and reds. It wasn't until I saw a video on YouTube reviewing these products that I knew I needed these in my life.

The Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in 210 Unapologetic and the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in 110 Coquette are my current faves. They are great for on-the-go and really do stay all day long.





First up is my personal favorite - the Matte Balm in Unapologetic. This color is rich, pigmented, and lasts for 8+ hours. The scent is equally pleasing - it smells minty fresh! I just can't get over the color payoff in this product. With this product being a matte balm and staining product, one would think that it would be drying on the lips. That's far from the case. This balm goes on smoothly and doesn't dry out my lips. I do notice that it's ready to come off around the 7 hour mark and can get a little flaky at that point.


It has a really nice jumbo crayon-like applicator with a pointed tip which makes application very easy. It's great to take in your purse or have it be one of the few lip products you take on vacation.



Next up is the Lacquer Balm in Coquette. This color is just.. simply.. angelic. I love the fact that this product is long wearing but silky, smooth, and shiny at the same time. It is mind blowing! This color definitely has a shimmer to it. This balm would be perfect for the more natural days where you're looking to just throw on some BB cream, mascara, a little blush, and a little flush of color on the lips. It's a beautiful soft pink. Perfect!


Top: 210 Unaplogetic, Matte Balm                           Bottom: 110 Coquette, Lacquer Balm

Overall, I give these products an A! I love the long wearing aspect and the fact that there is a wide range of color options, from bold to nude. I recommend these products to those of you who are looking to just start out in bold lip colors - these have changed my beauty life!


Have you tried the Revlon Colorburst Balms? What do you think?

XO
Carson Elaine

You Might Also Like

0 comments