The Simple Things

Monday, July 14, 2014

I've always appreciated the simple things - ever since I was just a little girl. I appreciate 'me' time. I appreciate peace and quiet. I appreciate simple days over crazy, chaotic days. I don't need one hundred people around me to feel complete. I find a lot of value in the fact that I am very comfortable with myself and can spend a day driving around, taking a walk, or searching on YouTube for new music that I haven't heard yet and enjoy every second of it. Don't get me wrong, I love the close people around me and wouldn't give up a chance to spend time with them - but I won't sulk around if everyone else is busy. I look forward to the days where I can just let the day take me where it will!

Since getting my new camera, if I ever find myself bored or with nothing to do, I'll take it with me on a walk and take pictures of whatever's around me. (Those are always the best pictures.) Yesterday was one of those days. Wanderley and I were getting ready to head to the zoo with his little boy and they were taking a little longer than me to get ready (I know, I was shocked too). It was the perfect time for me to take my camera out and have some fun with it.

Here are a few pictures I took on my porch yesterday while I had a few minutes to spare.



My front porch. A flower pot & string lights make all of the difference.





What's your favorite thing to do when you have a few extra minutes?

XO
Carson Elaine

You Might Also Like

0 comments